The shipping and energy industry lined up in support of Euromaritime 2020 in France’s number one port at Marseille this year, and we were proud to be part of such a great event which attracted more than 5,000 visitors from across 44 countries. For February’s event we drew on aspects of our learnings and insight on the issues facing industry, and successfully showcased insights from no least than five  business areas of the Total Group throughout the three  days of the event:
- Total Lubmarine – providing pioneering lubrication solutions in more than 100 countries and 1,000 ports
- Total Marine Fuels Global Solutions – operating worldwide bunkering activities
- Saft – a subsidiary of the Total Group and the battery maker of choice
- Total ACS – additives and special fuel solutions for refiners, distribution and manufacturers
- Total Marketing – the marketing of petroleum products and related services in France.
Robert Joore, General Manager at Total Lubmarine pointed out: “There is still much work to do in supporting the supply chain in the new era of a cleaner, leaner, smarter shipping industry, but Total is well on its way to feeding the debate on how its solutions can better support industry this year and beyond.”
“While our industry is used to meeting challenges head-on, collectively we all have a major part to play in finding viable and long term solutions,” highlights Jérôme Leprince-Ringuet, MD of Total Marine Fuels Global Solutions (TMFGS). “We are on a journey to improve the way we respond to and shape these solutions with current and future regulations and standards that will have a bearing on the sustainability of the shipping industry in the years ahead.”
To ensure you are up-to-date on Total’s talking points at Euromaritime 2020, here’s a countdown of the key announcements and insights - watch, read, listen and view them. Discover more on:
- Jérôme Leprince-Ringuet, MD of Total Marine Fuels Global Solutions (TMFGS) and his presentation to a packed audience on the rise in importance of LNG as a marine fuel. “LNG is definitely the best fuel option now in regards to both the regulation on sulphur emissions and the roadmap to reduce shipping’s carbon footprint.”
- Total Lubmarine’s Global Marketing Manager, Serge Dal Farra, who gave the opening speech as part of the SEAnnovation programme, and called on maritime startups to always drive forward their innovative technologies to help contribute into creating a better future for shipping. Video
- a new way to reduce operating costs, increase reliability, mitigate engine risks and reduce environmental impact with WT SUPRA – a coolant with an environmentally friendly inhibitor concentrate that delivers extended service life and superior corrosion protection for both engine manufacturers and operators.
- how our Saft business is leading on battery technology enabled solutions that are playing a significant part in helping industry realise cleaner power choices and achieve major efficiency improvements over conventional energy. SAFT Marine video.
- the signing of a new 2020 training programme agreement between Total Lubmarine and Ecole Nationale Superieure Maritime (ENSM) which took centre stage on the last day of Euromaritime 2020 as the two organisations signed an agreement to collaborate on providing further support in training and development for all ENSM Merchant Marine Schools.
“Euromaritime supported our aim of helping visitors to the event become more aware of the interesting developments and solutions underway across the Total Group,” highlights Robert. “It helped to further drive insight in to how we are shaping the options and scale of support we can provide to all our customers on the approach to lower shipping emissions, and the start of a journey toward decarbonisation and the initiatives that are needed now to reduce industry’s emissions by 2050. We are looking forward to the year ahead and how our technical expertise can make the shipping industry a better place.”