Short Sea Shipping
Short sea shipping involves a wide range of smaller vessels undertaking coastal activities. With frequent port calls, ships trading short sea routes need to be operated as efficiently as possible. Typically ranging between 1,000 – 20,000 dwt, short sea vessels can be broken down into the following categories:
• Tanker designed for the transport of liquids or gases in bulk,
• RO-RO / CON-RO designed to carry wheeled cargo,
• Feeder container vessels moving boxes from hub ports
• Bulkers used to move solid dry commodities
• River Tug used as towboat or pushboat,
• Passenger ship including ferry and cruise ship for day or overnight short sea voyage,
• Barge, a flat-bottomed vessel for inland shipment.
Total Lubmarine delivers a comprehensive range of trunk piston engine oils suitable for high-medium speed 4-stroke diesel engines. AURELIA and DISOLA guarantee high safety margins, high levels of engine cleanliness and compatibility with all main fuel types, including High and Low Sulphur Fuel Oil (HSFO, LSFO), Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG), distillates, marine diesel oil and gas oil.
Total Lubmarine delivers a comprehensive range of mineral and synthetic auxiliary lubricants. These gear and hydraulic oils are specifically designed for the diverse range of onboard equipment, such as cranes, winches and thrusters.
We also provide onshore support through our DIAGOMAR PLUS oil analysis laboratory. By carefully monitoring lubricant and vessel machinery condition, detecting and reacting to any abnormalities and contamination, the DIAGOMAR PLUS oil analysis lab prevents unnecessary wear or damage before it happens.